Apply For

  1. Emergency Ride Home Program

    If you are a carpooler or commute by transit, you can register as a registered commuter in our Rideshare Program. The Emergency Ride Home Program gives you several free taxi rides per year when an emergency or unforeseen circumstance causes you to miss your ride home. Find an application for this program.

  2. Food Permit

  3. Remediation Permit

    A construction permit is required for monitoring wells, soil borings, recovery wells, sparge wells, observation wells, geoprobe work or other wells used in a remediation effort process at a site within Shelby County. For any repair, modification or abandonment of any type structure at a site, an abandonment permit is required for the work.

  4. Septic Tank Permit

    Any person proposing to construct, alter, extend or repair a subsurface sewage disposal system as well as engage in the business of removing accumulated wastes from any system or site within Shelby County must secure a permit.

  5. Shelby County Medical Reserve Corps Volunteering

    Major emergencies can overwhelm the capabilities of first responders, particularly during the first 12 to 72 hours. Medical and other health volunteers can provide an important "surge" capacity during this critical period. Find out how to become a volunteer for the Shelby County Medical Reserve Corps.

  6. Water Well Permit

    Any person in Shelby County requesting the installation, modification, repair, or abandonment of a water well or any other type well shall make an application to the Water Quality Branch and Septic Tank Program.

  7. WIC (Women, Infant and Children)

    WIC is a special supplemental food program for women, infants, and children up to age five. WIC foods are intended to supplement participants' food intake and should be consumed along with other wholesome foods needed for a balanced diet.