Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Shelby County Health Department
Check daily on those who live alone
Prepare for Hot Weather
Tennessee Emergency Management Agency (TEMA) Receives Shelby County Mayor’s Executive Order for a State of Emergency
Storm Benefits for SNAP Program Residents-Formerly Food Stamps Program
Prevent carbon monoxide poisoning - Only use generators outside, more than 20 feet away from your home, doors, and windows. Never use grills, camp stoves or other gasoline, propane, natural gas or charcoal-burning devices inside a home, garage, basement, or any partially enclosed area.
Opening doors and windows or using fans will not prevent carbon monoxide (CO) buildup in the home. Although CO can’t be seen or smelled, it can rapidly lead to full incapacitation and death. Even if you cannot smell exhaust fumes, you may still be exposed to CO. If you start to feel sick, dizzy, or weak while using a generator, get to fresh air RIGHT AWAY - DO NOT DELAY.